AGGFix is a patented fixative solution that stabilises platelet aggregates for up to 9 days and blood cell conjugates for up to 3 days following sample preparation. The samples can then be analysed using flow cytometry.
Simply adding AGGFixA then AGGFixB to whole blood or PRP prior to immunefluorescence staining enables robust measurement of platelet aggregation in both unstimulated and stimulated blood samples.
AGGFix Information Sheet AGGFix Safety Data Sheet
Benefits of AGGFix
- Easy to use – it’s a simple two-step fixation procedure
- Reliable – ensures sample integrity even if it needs to be transported between sites
- Requires small volumes of blood- ideal for paediatric testing
- allows for batch collection of samples prior to analysis
- flexibility for accessing time on the flow cytometer
- long shelf life – AGGFix is stable for 12 months
- easier alternative to Light Transmission Aggregometry (LTA)
- Allows remote and delayed analysis – fixed samples can be collected at various locations and sent for analysis to a central laboratory
- Allows standardisation of testing for multi-centre trials
Publications that demonstrate the efficiency of AGGFix