PAMFix is a patented fixative solution that stabilises platelets in blood, allowing the measurement of platelet activation markers (PAM) such as P-selectin (CD62P) and dense granules (CD63) for up to 9 days following sample preparation, allowing remote or delayed analysis.
This commercially available fixative enables reliable assessment of platelet activation – simply add PAMFix to whole blood or platelet rich plasma (PRP) after platelet activation and analyse by flow cytometry at your convenience.
PAMFix Information Sheet PAMFix Safety Data Sheet
Benefits of PAMFix
- Easy to use – it’s a simple one-step fixation procedure
- Reliable – ensures sample integrity even when transport between sites is required
- Can be used for platelet activation and aggregation
- Requires small volumes of blood- ideal for paediatric testing
- allows for batch collection of samples prior to analysis
- flexibility for accessing time on the flow cytometer
- long shelf life – PAMFix is stable for 12 months
- easier alternative to Light Transmission Aggregometry (LTA)
- Allows remote analysis – fixed samples can be collected at various locations and sent for analysis to a central laboratory
- Allows standardisation of testing for multi-centre trials
Publications that demonstrate the efficiency of PAMFix