VASPFix is a novel technology that allows monitoring of phosphorylation of vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (VASP) in platelets in one easy step.
It provides a simple and sensitive alternative to directly measuring cAMP. Simply add VASPFix to blood or platelet-rich plasma and quantitate phosphorylated VASP (VASP-P) by flow cytometry. VASPFix treated samples can be stored frozen for up to 6 months so that analysis can be performed at any time.
VASPFix Information Sheet VASPFix Safety Data Sheet
Benefits of VASPFix
- Easy to use – it’s a simple one-step fixation procedure
- Can be used as part of a sensitive test for assessing the inhibition of platelet P2Y12 receptor by standard antiplatelet agents
- allows for batch collection of samples prior to analysis
- flexibility for accessing time on the flow cytometer
- long shelf life – VASPFix can be supplied to order; it can be kept at -20oC for up to 6 months and for 1 month in the fridge once thawed
- Allows remote analysis – VASPFix treated and frozen samples can be collected at various locations and sent for analysis to a central laboratory
Publications that demonstrate the efficiency of VASPFix