Providing solutions: Our team, with over 100 collective years of research in platelets, can advise on every aspect of platelet function. If you need help and advice with your research project, get in touch with a member of our team.
Let’s solve your problem together or we can do the work for you
- In whole blood – measured by single platelet counting (flow cytometry)
- In platelet rich plasma (PRP) – measured by light transmission
- In fixed whole blood (flow cytometry)
Platelet activation markers
- In whole blood or PRP, stimulated and fixed samples (flow cytometry)
Intracellular signalling markers
- VASP phosphorylation (surrogate measure for cAMP levels; flow cytometry)
Please contact to discuss your requirements: we may well have your solution
Some examples of services
- Test the effect of new antiplatelet drugs on platelets
- Rule out the side effects of non- antiplatelet drugs on platelets
- Effect of food and other products on platelets
Chalice contacted Platelet Solutions asking for help to demonstrate the value of a coating that is applied to the membranes of the oxygenators that they manufacture. They wanted clear evidence that the coating that they use prevents platelet adherence to the membranes when blood comes into contact with these. The evidence was provided using a bespoke system to allow blood to come into contact with coated and uncoated membranes after which platelet deposition was assessed by electron microscopy. The difference between platelet adherence to the coated and uncoated membranes was quite remarkable and Chalice are now able to use this information as a demonstration of the value of the coating procedure.
Platelet Solutions collaborated with H. Lundbeck on one of their drug development projects and provided information that positively furthered their particular interests.